March 8, 2022
This is the final week for submissions and confidential interviews
This Friday, 11 March, is the closing date for submissions and confidential interviews. If you are interested in making a submission or registering your interest a confidential interview, please get in touch with us before then. You can:
- complete the online form via our website
- call our hotline on 1800 431 276
- email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the next four weeks, we will be completing outstanding interviews, coinciding with the conclusion of our schedule of site visits in early April (see below).
Share your ideas for a safer, fairer, more modern and more capable corrections system
If you have first-hand experience of corrections settings, your ideas for change can help shape our recommendations to the Minister for Corrections.
If you have worked in a prison or correctional centre, you might have suggestions for:
- how your workplace can help staff feel safe, respected and supported
- what training or supervision would help you do your job
- what changes to reporting systems would help your workplace deal with inappropriate behaviours more effectively.
If you or a family member has spent time in custody, you might have ideas for:
- what measures could help people feel safe in custody and prevent discrimination and other unfair treatment
- how the system could improve cultural safety for Aboriginal people in custody
- what support would help you access programs and work towards rehabilitation.
You can tell us about your experiences in your own words – and you can provide as much detail as you wish. You can upload a written submission or voice recording via our website, or send your submission via email or post.
Information for custodial staff
Information for people in custody
Information for organisational stakeholders and advocates
Forthcoming site visits
Over the last few weeks, we have been finalising arrangements for the next phase of our site visits. This week, we will be spending time at the Metropolitan Remand Centre, followed by Hopkins Correctional Centre, Melbourne Assessment Prison, Marngoneet Correctional Centre and the Karreenga Annexe, Barwon Prison, and Fulham Correctional Centre in the weeks ahead.
We have been very appreciative of those who have shared their experiences with us during our site visits so far.
Find out more about the Review
If you have questions about the Review or would like to participate, please feel free to contact us on 1800 431 276 or via email@example.com. Our engagement team can provide more information about the scope of the Review, how we protect the privacy of participants, and what options are available for you to share your experiences. If you would like further support or advice on making a formal complaint, you can also visit the Help and support page on our website.
Until our next update, stay safe and well.
Review Lead, Cultural Review of the Adult Custodial Corrections System
For updates on the Review, please subscribe to our mailing list